...ideas and encouragement from my corner of the world on homeschool, parenting, party planning and beyond...


Saturday, July 26, 2014

Mother's Day

 
 For Mother's Day this year, I decided we could craft our own vases for all the special "mothers" in our lives. I am passionate about celebrating not just our mothers, but those who God has placed in our lives to serve as mothers at different times. We all know that it takes a village, and I choose to celebrate that village on this day, because I couldn't survive without it!

These were very easy to make and the preschoolers did the project fairly independently.

I purchased these pots for $1 each and let my big kid pick out the spray paint which ended up being around $2. The next time I do this craft I will purchase two cans so that I can also paint the inside of the pots.
 

I also had a couple pickle jars laying around and thought that those would be nice to try as well. They actually ended up being my favorite. I did use Goo Gone to get the sticky labels off the jars and then washed them well with dish soap so the paint would stick.




After the paint dried, I  helped each child add his or her handprint. For our family, I put one boys' hand on one side and the other boys' on the opposite.

 
I found these cute flower stakes in the craft section and let them color it however they wanted and glue on their picture. These were really easy special gifts for all the "moms" we are blessed to have  in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment