...ideas and encouragement from my corner of the world on homeschool, parenting, party planning and beyond...


Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Falling in love again...

It's amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy. 
-Rupert Everett


So there is really something to say about being jealous. My husband and I were recently at this wedding and this guy I used to flirt with in college was there- in the wedding- with his wife.

I was like a crazy person.

It wasn't that I still even care one thing about this guy or honestly that I had even thought about him in years, but just seeing him made me want to show him how perfect my life is- in other words- make him jealous. Now granted, I am not anywhere close to being a model, but I had this awesome dress on and my husband and toddler were all dressed up too and for whatever reason my main goal for the two hours at the Carnegie hotel was to make sure we appeared to be the perfect little family. My toddler might have been running around like a crazy person and my husband might have been grouchy because he couldn't wear his hat, but I was making certain that I laughed non-stop and touched my husband every few minutes and kissed my sweet baby's face.

So you would think all that craziness was for no reason or just me being self-absorbed, but somehow it made me like my husband more. I guess just realizing how proud I am to show him off and how fun it was to actually laugh and touch him for no reason instead of worrying too much about what my toddler was running around doing really made jealousy fun. It showed me, more than anything, how much I was in love with my family.

Sometimes when you're wrapped up in being a mom, you forget about being a woman. I all too often wear sweat pants for days with my hair in a bun and consume conversations with my husband with talk about couponing and what's up with the Duggars or the Kardashians.  It just took some jealousy to remind me that I have a husband who I always hope will want to make ex-girlfriends jealous with me and maybe I should work a little harder at always making sure they have something to be jealous of. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment