...ideas and encouragement from my corner of the world on homeschool, parenting, party planning and beyond...


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Who am I... exactly?

In writing this blog, I want to give readers a view from my little corner of the world. This post is to help you know who is behind the words and pictures. I am a lot of things to a lot of people and I am excited to share parts of those things with the world through this blog.

My favorite college professor said one time that the worst thing anyone could ever do for her would be to have a surprise party and invite everyone she knew. I am and do many things and I am learning that though they all define me in some way, no one thing defines me completely. To sum it up, I am a Christian, wife, stay at home mommy, friend, sister, daughter, lactation counselor, Breastfeeding Coalition president, coupon queen and at-home chef and maid with a Communication degree. Shew. Makes me tired just writing it.

But, most importantly, I am a mommy to two beautiful boys and the wife to an amazing husband who I was blessed to meet and fall in love with when I was only 16. At the current time, I am a breastfeeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping (yes, with both boys) mama doing preschool at home with my toddler and running an in-home daycare. I call myself a crunchy mama, though I am not as crunchy as some. I try to do the things that feel natural to me as a mother and many of them seem to fall in the crunchy realm of life. Most of the posts on this blog will come from these things.

I have lived in a small town in Tennessee my whole life. I was blessed to have Christian parents who love my brother and me a great deal. I received my bachelor's degree in Communication, with a four month old on my hip, in May 2010. I became a Certified Lactation Counselor the following April and am (slowly, but surely) working toward my IBCLC. I am honored to be the President of Northeast Tennessee's Breastfeeding Coalition. (Like, please!https://www.facebook.com/BABE.Breastfeeding.Coalition)

The things that inspire me the most are my own children and breastfeeding mothers. I could and do spend countless hours every day just loving and living with my two boys. Their sense of amazement by the small things gives me hope for this dark world and the people in it. I am also inspired by the breastfeeding women I have the privilege to work with. Breastfeeding has always come easy to me, but it is with much admiration that I look at the women who struggle with it and keep going.

I am excited to have you join me on this journey and hope you will feel love and inspiration from the things I share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment