...ideas and encouragement from my corner of the world on homeschool, parenting, party planning and beyond...


Monday, December 7, 2015

Around the World in 11 Days: Passports and Belize

At our homeschool co-op this semester, I am teaching a class I called "Around the World in 11 Days." We have 11 weeks of co-op, so we explore a different country each week.



I made a passport for each child and they get to look at a fact sheet and color the flag of each country every week.




I also added some recipes for food we ate from some of the countries that I just printed from online cookbooks.



The first week we learned about Belize. An amazing missionary from our church came and shared pictures, money, crafts and more from the country. We ate banana muffins and banana jam and made a banana craft. I just printed a picture of a banana and let them glue on yellow tissue paper.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment