...ideas and encouragement from my corner of the world on homeschool, parenting, party planning and beyond...


Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Gobble Gobble! Turkey crafts


I wanted a couple of easy turkey crafts to do with my boys this year. My three year old is really starting to understand holidays and my five year old is a baby craft machine, so I try to incorporate activities for them every chance I get. This is what I came up with for Thanksgiving 2015!

There are SO many things you can do with paint samples, but for today, they are turkey feathers! Yes, Walmart might hate me, but look at the turkey-crafty-cuteness. So worth it.






I found and printed the turkey template (you could also easily draw your own) and let them color it first. I cut the paint sample in half and they attached them with glue sticks.


 
They did this craft 98% by themselves, so I call that a success in itself.

There is a giant maple tree outside our pediatrician's office and my kiddos think it's amazing to jump and play and pick them up. So, fallen leaves provided a perfect opportunity for more turkey crafting!

My boys loved to color over the leaves and see what impressions they get.


After we made impressions, we transformed them into turkeys! The turkey's face pieces were just pieces cut from construction paper and we added googly eyes (one got lost before I got a picture).

 
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment