...ideas and encouragement from my corner of the world on homeschool, parenting, party planning and beyond...


Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Adventures in Preschool: Sensory birdseed experiment

I have decided to do some at-home preschool with my three year old. I am so excited to try new things with him and watch him learn and grow through adventures together! This is the first post about our new adventure and  I promise many many more!

Today I used a bucket of birdseed and threw in some dollar store lizards. These babies loved using slotted spoons to search for the lizards! It was a great sensory experience. It was also a great learning tool as I asked questions along the way (Where is the blue lizard?, How many lizards did you find?, etc.). They had so much fun and it took two minutes to prep!

No comments:

Post a Comment