...ideas and encouragement from my corner of the world on homeschool, parenting, party planning and beyond...


Thursday, April 18, 2013

Adventures in Preschool: Shaving Cream!

I read this article not too long ago and it made me really want to try and work more sensory play into our days. You can read about our first experiment here.

Our sensory experiment today was playing in shaving cream. I used his little picnic table and just squirted the cream directly on it. After we were done, he loved spraying himself and the table off with the water hose, so this was a completely mom-free experiment. I have oodles of shaving cream in my coupon stash, so this was like a 25 cent project and he played with it for over an hour. I got to mop my floor, people! For 25 cents! Anyway, he really loved it and it was tons of fun to hear him giggling while I mopped.



No comments:

Post a Comment