...ideas and encouragement from my corner of the world on homeschool, parenting, party planning and beyond...


Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mommy's Mother's Day craft

I am always doing projects with my boys, but this one was a mommy project. I love to give semi-homemade gifts. Gifts that don't require a ton of effort, but have a personal touch. We have a couple people in our lives that, though they aren't technically "mothers" to us, feel more like it sometimes than our family. I like to do something special for them for Mother's Day, just so they know how much they mean to us. This project was for those people. It honestly cost me less than $6, about an hour including drying time and turned out great!

I bought a can of Krylon spray paint. Whatever you buy, just make sure it says ok for glass. I had a couple extra jars laying around the house so I wanted to use those, but I wanted something special for Carter's Sunday School teacher, so I found a pretty round vase for $2.97 at Walmart. I used Goo Gone to get the price sticker off and then cleaned the vase well with dish soap.

 

 
Then I spray painted the jars. Literally. It was that easy.
 

Then I added the flower I purchased (and one from last year's garden). Aaaaand, this is how they turned out.

 Not bad if I do say so myself!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment