...ideas and encouragement from my corner of the world on homeschool, parenting, party planning and beyond...


Monday, June 1, 2015

Elf on the Shelf, Cabinet, Bathtub...

This is the first year that Dustin the Elf has visited us and I had so much fun with that little guy! I just wanted to share a few of the adventures he had while he was with us.

It is so important to me that my boys remember the reason for the season, so Dustin left them a little note each day letting them know what he was doing and reminding them why we were celebrating.

My tip to anyone else helping Santa's elves this year, is to plan ahead! I would not have been able to do fun stuff with Dustin if I hadn't made a plan. I typed out notes for each day and printed and cut them all on day 1. I also bought everything I needed in one trip so that I could pull it out on the day I needed it instead of making many trips.

The first day Dustin came to visit us, he brought a Christmas devotional with Lego and chocolate advent calendars.


Dustin was seen...
 
playing with tools...
 

taking a shower...


fixing himself a snack...


trapped in a Lego house...

 
making sugar angels...


 
getting into dry erase mischief...


 
taking a marshmallow bath...
 


doing a little Goldfish cracker fishing...


bowling with candy...



trying to look like Uncle Si...
 

 
getting a tan by the fire...


 
sneaking a candy snack...

 
playing in mom's jewelry box...


and tied up by naughty toys.
 

 
Here's to hoping Dustin made it home safely to the North Pole! Can't wait to see him again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment