...ideas and encouragement from my corner of the world on homeschool, parenting, party planning and beyond...


Monday, June 1, 2015

Halloween crafting!

I love all things Halloween- the spookiness, the cool night air and the joy my babies get from dressing up, candy, pumpkin patches and all the rest.

I also love handprint crafts, so I wanted to figure out a way to spooky-up our hands and feet and here's what I came up with. I used black scrapbook paper and white acrylic paint on this one.


 
This one is just purple paper with black paint.

 
I love to let my little kids paint pumpkins every year. It's more fun for them than carving and amazing sensory play as well. My four year old wanted to do something different this year with paint, so I came up with these easy pumpkin door hangers for him. This is a really simple craft for any age. I hot glued popsicle sticks together and let them paint them orange. They used scraps of purple and green paper to cut out noses, mouths and stems. Then they added googly eyes and I attached a ribbon for hanging and voila! Pumpkins!
 
 
 
 
Happy Halloween from Batman, Robin and Penguin!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment