...ideas and encouragement from my corner of the world on homeschool, parenting, party planning and beyond...


Monday, June 1, 2015

Valentine's Day fun

Valentine's Day is a fun opportunity to show Gods' love for us by doing special things for other people.
 
We made some quick store-bought crafts, painted heart hands and used an edible marker to write our own messages on conversation hearts.
 
 
 
I love to make special food for my boys on holidays, so I thought I would try some cherry turnovers for a special Valentine breakfast. I used a roll of crescent dough and rolled it out flat.
 

 
I added cherry pie filling...


and topped it with another roll of crescent dough.


I cut out a heart shape with a cookie cutter... 
 


and baked it at 350 for 30 minutes. My boys loved this and it was delicious too! Next time I will add a little less filling to get it to seal a little better.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment